Registration for 2019 Camp Season is CLOSED.
Use the button below to receive notifications about future camp availability.
WYSE Summer Camps at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Grainger College of Engineering are designed to provide STEM-interested students the opportunity to experience advanced curricula, world-class facilities, and an “away from home,” collegiate experience at one of the best engineering schools in the nation and the world. The camps provide exposure to different areas of engineering through demonstrations, classroom presentations, hands-on activities, and interactions with various students, staff, and professors in those fields.
Enrollment in the WYSE Camp programs is limited to ensure the quality of the academic experience for all involved. The camps have a merit-based admissions process that includes opportunities for financial assistance.
“You get to do really cool engineering projects for a week, and the time goes by really fast (because it’s so much fun).” ~2018 camper
Survey of Engineering Disciplines Camps:
• Discover Engineering (9th – 10th Grade) ~ July 21st – 27th
Design-Focused Interdisciplinary Camps:
• Exploring the Intersection of Creativity and Engineering 1 (11th – 12th Grade) ~ June 9th – 15th
• Exploring the Intersection of Creativity and Engineering 2 (11th – 12th Grade) ~ July 14th – 20th
Engineering Discipline-Specific Camps:
• Exploring Nuclear, Plasma, & Radiological Engineering (11th – 12th Grade) ~ June 23rd – 29th
• Exploring Mechanical Science & Engineering (11th – 12th Grade) ~ July 7th – 13th
• Discover Bioengineering (9th – 10th Grade) ~ July 21st – 27th
“The welcoming environment makes it seem like anyone can learn the skills to become an engineer.” ~2018 camper
Formerly known as Girls’ Adventures in Math, Engineering, and Science (GAMES)
• Electrical Engineering (10th – 12th Grade) ~ June 16th – 22nd
• Bioengineering (9th – 11th Grade) ~ June 23rd – 29th
• Aerospace Engineering (9th – 12th Grade) ~ July 7th – 13th
• Materials Science & Engineering (10th – 12th Grade) ~ July 7th – 13th [See “More Opportunities” below for a 6th-8th grade option]
• Robotics (9th – 10th Grade) ~ July 7th – 13th
• Chemical Engineering (9th – 12th Grade) ~ July 14th – 20th
• Mechanical Science & Engineering (9th – 12th Grade) ~ July 14th – 20th
• Environmental Engineering and Sustainability (10th – 12th Grade) ~ July 21st – 27th
More Summer Opportunities:
- Middle School Girls Learning About Materials (Mid-GLAM) (6th – 8th Grade) [LOCAL DAY CAMP]
- Illinois Aerospace Institute (9th-12th grade)
- High School Summer STEM Research Programs (11th-12th grade)
- 4-H Illini Summer Academies (9th-12th grade)
“The best part of camp was the ability to go in depth and see if engineering is the right career path for you–through hands-on experience with real-world problems.” ~2018 camper