The 2020 Camp Application is Currently Closed.
Summer 2020 Virtual Camp Offering
As of Friday, May 1st, all University-led, in-person summer camps have been cancelled for the full summer. However, we are taking this opportunity to introduce a new virtual camp for applicants who applied to one of our in-person summer 2020 camps:
The Grainger Engineering “What It Takes” Virtual Summer Camp
- June 21 – July 2, 2020
- July 5 – 16, 2020
Details are still being finalized, but here are a few highlights of “What It Takes”:
- 2-week experience of exploring the various engineering fields through presentations, speakers, demonstrations, and hands-on labs and projects.
- Virtual field trips to working research labs on campus and related industries.
- Unique breakout sessions around special interests such as women and minorities in engineering, college essay writing, and more.
- Hands-on labs and projects using materials from the Lab Kit that will be mailed to your home.
- Meet new people and engage socially as well as academically in your daily small group sessions via web conference, facilitated by a University of Illinois student who will be your guide for the week.