Click to subscribe to the mailing list for updates on the application cycle!
Summer 2021 applications will open in mid-late January 2021.
WYSE High School Summer Camps at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Grainger College of Engineering are designed to provide STEM-interested students the opportunity to experience advanced curricula, world-class facilities, and an “away from home,” collegiate experience at one of the best engineering schools in the nation and the world. The camps provide exposure to different areas of engineering through demonstrations, classroom presentations, hands-on activities, and interactions with various students, staff, and professors in those fields.
Enrollment in the WYSE Camp programs is limited to ensure the quality of the academic experience for all involved. The camps have a merit-based admissions process that includes opportunities for financial assistance. Scholarships are available. See the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
“You get to do really cool engineering projects for a week, and the time goes by really fast (because it’s so much fun).” ~2018 camper
2021 Virtually Offered Camp (all sessions tentative)
Visit this page to learn about the “What it Takes” camp we offered this past summer to accommodate for the quarantine. It is likely this camp will be offered alongside Face to Face camps to maximize student learning while complying to social distancing guidelines and for those campers who would be more comfortable at home during these times.
2021 Face-to-Face Camps (all sessions tentative)
Survey of Engineering Disciplines Camps:
- Exploring Your Options (11th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Exploring Your Options 2 (11th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Discover Engineering (9th – 10th Grade) – [TBD]
- Exploring Agricultural & Biological Engineering (10th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Aerospace Engineering (9th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Bioengineering (9th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Chemical Engineering (9th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Computer Science & Computer Engineering (9th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (10th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Materials Science & Engineering (10th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Mechanical Science & Mechanical Engineering (11th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Exploring Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering (11th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
- Power Optimization and Engineering for Mobility (10th – 12th Grade) [TBD]
“The welcoming environment makes it seem like anyone can learn the skills to become an engineer.” ~2018 camper
More Summer Opportunities: (All are welcome to apply)
- Middle School Girls Learning About Materials (Mid-GLAM) [LOCAL DAY CAMP] (6th – 8th Grade) [TBD]
- CyberPatriot CyberCamp [LOCAL DAY CAMP] (Rising 7th – 9th Grade) [TBD]
- Illinois Aerospace Institute (9th – 12th grade) [TBD]
- High School Summer STEM Research Programs (11th – 12th grade) [TBD]
- 4-H Illini Summer Academies (9th-12th grade) [TBD]
“The best part of camp was the ability to go in depth and see if engineering is the right career path for you–through hands-on experience with real-world problems.” ~2018 camper