All camps will be virtual for Summer 2021.
Summer 2021 Applications are closed.
Note: A U.S. mailing address is required for remote camps.
WYSE High School Summer Camps at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Grainger College of Engineering are designed to provide STEM-interested students the opportunity to experience advanced curricula at one of the best engineering schools in the nation and the world. The camps provide exposure to different areas of engineering through demonstrations, classroom presentations, hands-on activities, and interactions with various students, staff, and professors in those fields.
Enrollment in the WYSE Camp programs is limited to ensure the quality of the academic experience for all involved. The camps have a merit-based admissions process and scholarships are available. See the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
“After having to finish out the school year virtually, I was grateful for the activities where I didn’t have to stare at a screen for hours. After watching intro videos, being able to take a break and walk away from my computer and use my hands was really enjoyable. ” ~2020 camper
Survey of Engineering Disciplines Camps: (rising 9th – 12th graders)
- Session 1: June 13-June 25, 2021
- Session 2: July 11-23, 2021
Discipline-Specific Camps: (rising 10th – 12th graders)
*Find out more about EAGER and IDEA camp tracks on the Summer Camps Frequently Asked Questions page. All are welcome to apply.
“The welcoming environment, the sense of community and friendliness was definitely the best thing about these camps.” ~2020 camper
More Summer STEM Opportunities: (All are welcome to apply)
(Note: Not all of the opportunities below are hosted by Grainger Engineering and/or may have different applications and deadlines. See the individual webpages for full details.)
- Grainger Engineering Middle School Camps (7th-9th grade) [Dates Vary]
- High School Summer STEM Research Programs (11th – 12th grade) [June 14-July 30, 2021]
- 4-H Illini Summer Academies (9th-12th grade) [June 27 – July 1, 2021]
- Discovering STEM in ACES [July 11-23, 2021]
- Illinois Aerospace Institute (9th – 12th grade) [Session 1: June 21-25, 2021; Session 2: July 12 – 16, 2021]
- Summer Illinois Mathematics Camp (rising 8th – 12th-grade students) [TBD]
“The best part of my summer camp experience has been being challenged to think outside of the box and problem solve!” ~2020 camper