All WYSE Camps for summer 2017 are currently full. If you are interested in applying next year, and would like to receive a notification once applications open, go here.
- Admissions decisions will be sent VIA EMAIL to the email addresses provided in your application. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we do not have a specific timeframe to send our admission decisions. We assure you, however, that you will receive an email from us whether you have been accepted or not.
- Please keep in mind that ALL your application materials (including your teacher recommendation) must be submitted in order for your application to be reviewed.
- Admissions are done on a first completed, first-served basis. There is a chance that your camp of choice may be full at the time of your application’s consideration.
- If this happens, you will be placed on a waiting list for your first choice camp and will be considered for your second or third choice camp. Therefore, we recommend submitting your full application as soon as possible.
- Applications will be accepted until April 15th, or until camps are full.
- For those needing financial assistance to attend WYSE camp, please apply early as WYSE has limited financial aid available. On the application form, you will be asked if you are in need of Financial Assistance. Please select yes and complete the remainder information to be considered for a scholarship.
How to Apply
Follow this link to start your application. To complete the application, you will need the following information:
- Your personal information,
- Your parent’s/guardian’s information,
- The name and email address of the one teacher who will be submitting your teacher recommendation,
- Using the teacher email address that is provided, the recommendation form will automatically be sent to the teacher to complete. Once we have received the teacher online recommendation form back, the applicant will receive an email notification.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please let your teacher know they will be receiving this via email and must complete it as soon as possible. We cannot consider an application with this portion missing.
- A list of coursework in math and science from the last two years (including grades),
- A statement of purpose essay, and
- Financial aid information, if applicable
You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been received. It is important to remember, however, that your application will NOT be considered “complete” until we have received your teacher’s online recommendation form. You will also receive a confirmation email when we have received your teacher’s recommendation.
You will be notified of your acceptance to camp after your application is considered “complete” and our office has thoroughly reviewed applications. If admitted to the camp, you will be asked to register and submit a $50 deposit along with your registration.
Payment and Registration Information
- After you have received an acceptance letter from our office, you will need to submit the Registration Form, together with a non-refundable $50 deposit, on or before 5:00 pm on May 1st, 2017. Failure to comply with the deadline will result in the conferral of your space to another student on the waiting list.
- The remaining $950 balance is due in the WYSE office by, May 31, 2017.
- Please note that even if you have been granted financial aid, you must pay the non-refundable $50 deposit.
- Checks should be payable to WYSE Camp and mailed to:
210 Engineering Hall University of Illinois
1308 West Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801 (217) 244-3517; Fax: (217) 244-4974
For questions, feel free to contact our office at email@example.com.
How to Register
Registration will need to be completed AFTER you have been accepted to camp. The Registration Link will be emailed to you in your acceptance document.
To complete the form, you will need:
- A current picture of yourself.
- Your T-shirt size.
- Emergency Medical Information, including Emergency Contact Information
- You will receive a confirmation email when your Registration Form has been received.
- Submit a non-refundable $50 deposit, on or before 5:00 pm on May 1st, 2017. Please note that even if you have been granted financial aid, you must pay the non-refundable $50 deposit. Details on payment submissions are listed above.
- After May 1st, 2017, all unreserved spots will be opened up to students on the waiting list.
- Submit remaining amount ($950) by May 31, 2017.
If your camper needs assistance arriving at camp (i.e., needs to be picked up from the airport, bus terminal, etc.), please complete this form by May 31, 2017: https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/3157991.