The 2020 Camp Application is Currently Closed.
Please contact us with any questions.
For rising 10th-12th graders.
July 19th – 25th, 2020
- Campers will explore the nexus of food, energy, and water systems through hands-on labs and demonstrations
- Campers will participate in individual and team activities, as well as competitions, to investigate the discipline of agricultural and biological engineering
- Campers will use the knowledge gained from field trips, labs, and lectures to complete a team project focused on sustainability
Campers will also get to experience many stimulating adventures:
- At the Food Science Pilot Processing Plant, learning how raw materials are processed into food and making pizza sauce
- Bonding with other campers and Agricultural & Biological Engineering (ABE) faculty, staff, and students through exciting activities
- Exploring the concepts behind hydroponics and aquaponics
- Learning about hydraulics and apply what you have learned to your own hydraulic system
- Performing hydrothermal liquefaction to convert food waste into a biocrude oil
- Visiting a water treatment facility to see the water quality labs you completed in action
Camp Coordinator: Anne Marie Boone